European community spaces rejuvenated on Logicor Employee Volunteer Day
14 Oct 2021
European partnership between Trees for Cities and Logicor positively contributes to local green spaces
Over 200 of Logicor’s employees have contributed to a variety of community green space rejuvenation projects across Europe through the inaugural Logicor Volunteer Day.
Each individual spent a full working day actively helping projects at a variety of public spaces across the local communities in the region where they are based. The locations were identified by Trees for Cities, a charity that works internationally to create greener cities. The list of projects includes:
- Goodmayes Park, London: Maintaining and caring for a recently planted new woodland and a community orchard, increasing biodiversity and ensuring the space continues to provide for local residents.
- Obsthof am Steinberg, Frankfurt: supporting the apple harvest at this organic apple farm.
- Giardini Pubblici, Milan: removing weeds and debris to restore a pedestrian walkway at Milan’s first public park.
- Casa de Campo, Madrid: clearing an overgrown part of Madrid’s largest public park.
- Les Jardins du Ruisseau, Paris: clearing overgrown area, planting plants encouraging bee pollinators and repairing greenhouses and garden furniture.
- Natur & ëmwelt a.s.b.l. reserve, Luxembourg City: maintenance of the local environment to support wildlife and biodiversity.
- Fundacja Św. Jana Jerozolimskiego, Warsaw: clearing and maintaining the gardens of a senior citizen care home.
- Mustikkamaa, Helsinki: clearing the invasive Rosa Rugosa to ensure biological diversity is maintained across the island.
Sheena Singla, General Counsel & Head of ESG, Logicor said:
“I’m delighted with the positive impact our employees have made to their local communities through their volunteering efforts. Partnering with Trees for Cities has been a fantastic way to proactively rejuvenate these green spaces that are valued by local communities and residents. As a leading European owner and manager of logistics real estate we understand the important role we can play in building a sustainable future for the benefit of society - employee volunteering is just one aspect of demonstrating this commitment.”
Rory Field, Corporate Partnerships Director, Trees for Cities added:
"Thank you so much to Logicor for the wonderful partnership we have together. As part of the partnership, almost all Logicor employees are getting stuck in, across Europe, with a variety of local environmental projects that are collectively making a massive difference to local communities. Quality green spaces have never been more important than now; to us as people, our mental and physical health; as well as creating a healthier environment crucial to us. More members of local communities in locations across Europe will be attracted to improved outdoor spaces and enjoy the benefits that spending time in the outdoors brings."
As part of the initiative, Logicor and Trees for Cities have committed to planting a new tree for each Logicor colleague that actively participates in the Logicor Volunteer Day.
Further information about Logicor’s approach to corporate responsibility and ESG strategy can be found here.
For further information
Logicor is a leading European owner and manager of logistics real estate that owns, manages and develops high-quality logistics assets across Europe, addressing the real estate needs of international and local distributors, retailers and manufacturers. As at 30 June 2021, we own a portfolio of 600 high-quality properties with a lettable area of 13.5 million square metres located in key European logistics markets. Logicor is headquartered in London and Luxembourg.