Technical Manager, Northern Europe
Job Description: Technical Manager, Northern Europe
Contract: Full-Time Permanent
Location: Duesseldorf or Frankfurt
Reporting Line: Head of Asset Management
Logicor is one of the leading real estate companies in Europe focusing on the ownership and management of modern logistics and distribution properties. We currently own a portfolio of 609 high quality properties with a lettable area of approx. 13.6 million square metres and manage a significant amount of additional assets on behalf of third-parties in key locations across the European supply chain. Logicor is headquartered in London and Luxembourg, with regional offices in France, the Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Romania, Hungary, Finland and Sweden.
The Technical Manager will be responsible for performing varied duties across all of Logicor’s portfolio. The duties will be to support the Northern European team on technical issues and problems giving best advice, managing larger Capex schemes including building expansions and budgeting/forecasting expenditures, reviewing information provided for the asset management and acquisitions teams.
The Technical Asset Manager will report directly to the Head of Asset Management of Northern Europe and will split his/her time between the different offices within Germany. The perfect candidate shows a good understanding of the main technical areas related to a logistics warehouse, e.g. framing/structural, roof, sprinkler system, heating. The role will require this person to travel to visit properties / customers / service providers. The role will require a strong personality capable of working on their own or as part of a team and having a clear mind to achieve the objectives required for each scheme or problem. A good knowledge of sustainability is beneficial in order to contribute to Logicor’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) program.
- Coordinate and oversee Capex (Repair and Maintenance Budget) within existing portfolio.
- Selection, engagement, management and coordination of consultants, technical property managers and contractors on a project basis.
- Knowledge of costing process and providing advice on design, best options and estimated costs.
- Preparation of reports showing status of progress, cost and quality.
- Working closely with customers and service suppliers ensuring effective and proactive management of projects.
- Contribute to Logicor’s ESG program as the representative for the region. Coordination and monitoring of all ESG projects in the Northern European region.
- Coordinate with and establish a trusted first point of contact with existing tenants concerning the definition, the execution and the document of proposed changes to assets.
- In cooperation with the Northern European Asset Management team coordination and monitoring of external Facilities Management supplier(s) performance in order to ensure optimal service to Company, cost control and compliancy with regulatory and Company standards.
- In cooperation with the Northern European Asset Management and analyst team’s coordination and monitoring of cash flow for individual schemes and overall German project budgets.
- Supporting Asset Managers with annual budgets and quarterly forecasts for Capital Expenditure according to budgeting/forecasting calendar.
- Support the team to implement and maintain an efficient a suitable asset technical documentation archive.
- Negotiating and managing third party project management service contracts to ensure value for money is achieved.
- Regular inspections of properties in order to undertake general overviews, document verifications (as-built docs, statutory certification etc.), management of tenant issues, support Capex budgeting process (overseeing the property management proposals)
- Support asset purchase due diligence activities.
- Coordination of handover and dilapidations inspections and “make ready” activities.
- Provide feedback to the Teams to optimize future property design from a maintenance perspective.
- Support the regional teams or lead (as may be required from time to time on specific projects) the Project Management of Capex and Construction Projects, including:
- Arranging of tenders,
- Appointment of project specific consultants,
- Managing of the works, handing over of the works.
- Support the Northern Europe asset teams in managing issues arising from tenant snagging list and warranty repairs.
- Working with the Northern Europe team to create a sustainability strategy to improve our Northern European Assets
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Industry specific degree or member of an industry body such as the Institute of Chartered Builders of Surveyors.
- 3-5 years post degree or chartered experience.
- Strong knowledge of the logistics real estate market understanding, not only the construction, but operational aspects and tenant needs.
- Understanding of dilapidation and licensed alterations procedures.
- Able to demonstrate good leadership, coordination and communication skills with internal and external teams.
- Good team player
- Strong work ethic with drive and determination to thrive in a demanding work environment and to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to travel with some overnight stays.
- Experience working in a cross-border, cross-cultural environment.
- Very good English language skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications and presentation skills.
- Good working knowledge of excel, powerpoint etc.