Building Surveyor/Technical Manager, UK
Job Description: Building Surveyor/Technical Manager, UK
Reporting Line: Senior Technical Manager & Managing Director, UK
Logicor, a portfolio company of China Investment Corporation, is one of the premier real estate companies in Europe focusing on the development and operation of modern logistics and distribution properties. We currently own and operate over 13 million square metres of space in key locations across the European supply chain. Logicor is headquartered in London and Luxembourg, with regional offices in France, the Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Romania, Hungary, Finland and Sweden.
The Technical Manager will be responsible for supporting the Asset Management of the 38 million sq feet owned and managed portfolio comprising of big box and multi let industrial assets situated throughout England & Scotland.
The duties will be to support the UK Asset Management team & Senior Technical Manager on the construction, letting, refurbishment and ongoing occupation of the assets. As well as fulfilling the day-to-day operations of the business through the delivery of strategic business objectives and internal reporting.
The Technical Manager will report directly to the Senior Technical Manager and will split their time between the Solihull and London offices, with the former being their primary place of work.
The role will involve regular engagement with our clients; their representatives, asset managers, consultants and legal advisors. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have the ability to work autonomously and clearly articulate their objectives whilst understanding the client/business’ needs and adapt their approach accordingly.
- Work closely with the Senior Technical Manager and UK Asset Management team to deliver the business’ objectives
- Support the Senior Technical Manager with the Project Management of Capex Construction Projects, including:
- Identifying contracting partners
- Monitoring works/progress
- Handovers and snagging
- Working closely with our consultants, solicitors and clients to ensure successful delivery of projects in compliance within lease terms, statute and budgets.
- Coordinate the documentation of licenses, wayleaves and easements alongside our solicitors and appointed consultants.
- Supporting the Senior Technical Manager with annual budgets and quarterly forecasts for Capital Expenditure.
- Maintain the technical asset documentation associated with the properties, portfolios and estate.
- Coordination of inspections for our appointed consultants and attendance where required.
- Inspections of the assets to review condition, collect data, verify documentation (as-built docs, statutory certification etc.) and addressing property related tenancy matters.
- Appraise and feedback to the Technical Manager and Asset Managers on the assets, their conditions, the tenant’s operations and considerations for future strategy.
- Assist or lead on addressing matters that may arise during the term such as warranty claims, snagging, repair notices and licensed works.
- Other tasks as may be appropriate from time to time to ensure that the Portfolio is maintained in accordance with the principles of good estate management.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- RICS Chartered Building Surveyor or a member of the CIOB with at least one year’s experience, preferably with exposure to logistics real estate.
- An understanding of the construction, maintenance and operation of logistics assets.
- Commercial awareness and the ability to apply those principles in order to achieve the best outcome for Logicor.
- Good understanding of dilapidations and the processes before and after lease expiry.
- Good understanding of licensed works and the implications they can have during and at expiry of the term.
- Ability to manage a professional team.
- Knowledge of tendering processes and providing advice on design, options and implementation.
- Experience of reporting on project progress and costs.
- Good understanding of sustainability measures available to the logistics sector and an awareness of the market’s expectations.